This recipe for pasta noodles comes together in just 30 minutes. It’s creamy, vegan, and incredibly delicious topped with fresh basil. Your kids, friends, and future selves will be thanking you.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 30 minutes
July 28, 2021
There once was a time where I went almost a decade without eating pasta. It’s true and something I don’t plan to do again. I was afraid of pasta, especially if it had lots of butter, cream, and milk.
Do you ever have thoughts racing through your head about what you should or shouldn’t eat? That if you just have a little it will go straight to your stomach or thighs? Or maybe you can’t stop eating it all?
Ahhhh the thoughts racing through our heads are wild and at times the absolute worst. I’ve been there.
This recipe for pasta noodles doesn’t need to be feared or avoided. It is so good. The almond or coconut milk combined with vegetable broth and garlic give it the creamy texture. Not to mention lots of added flavor.
It comes together so quickly. No need to have lots of fancy ingredients.
If you’re looking for a homemade vegetable broth recipe, you’ll love my homemade recipe. You’d be surprised how easy it is to make. It tastes so fresh and flavorful in dishes and soups. Please note that store bought vegetable broth works great too.
Place all of your ingredients in the pan and let simmer until the noodles have soaked up most of the liquid.
Top with fresh basil and olive oil. Bon appetit my friend!
More Easy Meal Ideas
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love my pasta salad recipe. The sauce is delicious and uses buffalo sauce.
Recipe for Pasta Noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth (you can check out my homemade vegetable broth too)
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz dry fettuccine
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or pan. Add the garlic and onion to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth, almond milk, and salt. Give it a stir. Then add in the dry pasta noodles. Make sure the noodles are submerged in the liquid.
- Bring to the pan to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Give it a stir occasionally. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to the pasta noodles. If too much of the liquid is cooking too fast, turn the heat down and add a splash of the almond or coconut milk.
- For serving, top with fresh basil, salt, pepper, and drizzle of olive oil.
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment