Craving a comforting dish yet don’t have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen? Say hello to this pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes. This recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep and the remaining time is roasting the cauliflower in the oven.
All you need to do is boil the pasta, julienne carrots, stir up the sauce, and toss it all together. Then throw it all in a bowl and top with the dressing. And the dressing has a nice touch of spice.
This pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes is totally dairy-free and it’s different from other pasta dishes I have on the A Kind Spoon website.
Here’s what I used:
- Cauliflower when roasted tastes delish! And adds in veggies without even realizing it.
- Buffalo Sauce is the secret ingredient to this seriously satisfying dish. I used Frank’s Buffalo sauce in this pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes recipe yet any buffalo sauce works well.
- Garlic powder pairs brilliantly with the buffalo sauce.
- Pasta. I used a spiral pasta but any macaroni pasta can work too.
- Chickpeas are a fun addition and extra source of protein.
- Carrot gives this pasta salad a beautiful orange color.
- Sun-dried tomatoes give this dish a pop of color.
- Tahini helps thicken this recipe’s sauce and pairs well with the buffalo sauce.
Preheat the oven to 400 F / 204 C. You can line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add a dash of salt to the water.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the cauliflower, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder. Give it a stir so that everything is well combined.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the lined baking tray. Spread so that the mixture is in a single layer. Cook for 25 minutes in the oven until lightly brown.
Once the pot of water is boiling, add in the pasta and cook according to the package’s instructions. Rinse the cooked pasta in cold water. Set aside.
While the cauliflower mixture is cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a bowl. Give it a stir until well combined. If the tahini is thick, you can add a tablespoon of water.
For serving, add the pasta, cauliflower mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, and coriander to a bowl. Take a spoonful of the dressing and place on top.
Enjoy this pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes for a weeknight dinner and then again as a delicious lunch.