This recipe for sesame noodles is one you’ll definitely want to try. Made in just 20 minutes. It is a good change up to your usual pasta as it uses soba noodles. And the sauce is where it’s at – the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 20 minutes
May 21, 2020
Who doesn’t love pasta? But since we’re eating healthy should we forgo all pasta? No way! There are a zillion ways to eat pasta, feel full and maintain our good health.
Especially after having a kiddo, I like to keep things simple, which means using the least amount of ingredients to get the maximum amount of flavor!
We’re talking home cooked dinners that can please the whole family without being complicated!
Here is another comforting dinner idea when we need a nice big hug in a bowl and that’s this sesame noodle recipe.
EASY SESAME SAUCE
The sauce is definitely the star of this meal! The ingredients are ones that are already on hand and you can come back to again.
- Coco aminos
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds
One new ingredient that you may want to add to your kitchen is coco aminos. This is a vegan and gluten free alternative to soy sauce made from coconut sap and salt. It also has significantly less sodium than soy sauce. That’s why I love to use it!
This recipe calls for soba noodles. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat. They have a subtle nutty flavor and are a good source of protein. Once I learned about soba noodles, they have become my go to. I just love them!
Note that If you’re looking for gluten free soba noodles, make sure to check the package and select soba noodles that are 100% or mostly made from buckwheat.
TIME TO EAT
We love this simple and easy dish all by itself. Feel free to add a few toppings for a bit more flavor. Just a little bit of freshly chopped cilantro / coriander and some chili pepper flakes.
You can also use this dish as a base and add in some protein like chicken. Hello dinnerrrr!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Don’t forget to check out our other pasta ideas for dinner. My zucchini noodles with pesto recipe takes even less time to make and tastes divine!
Recipe for Sesame Noodles
- 8 oz dry soba noodles
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 cup broccoli broken into florets
- 1 cup green beans sliced into 1/2 cm pieces
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced (I used red)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/3 cup coco aminos
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Bring 2 medium pots of water to boil, one for the vegetables and one for the soba noodles.
- In the first pot, place carrots, broccoli, and green beans to steam for 8-10 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, then you can boil them.
- Add the dry noodles to the second pot of boiling water, follow the package’s instructions.
- Once the noodles are ready, rinse them in cold water. This helps rinse off the starches released while cooking and prevents the noodles from all sticking together.
- Set aside the cooked veggies.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, pour 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and when it’s hot add the sliced onion for a few minutes. Add the drained soba noodles and veggies including that bell pepper. Give a stir and cook for a minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and add a few spoonfuls of the sauce. Top with chopped cilantro / coriander and chili pepper flakes.
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment