For a quick weeknight dinner, look no further than this zucchini noodles with pesto recipe. It’s the flavor of Italia, in a bowl. Of course with a healthy vegan twist! We’ll use nutritional yeast to give it a cheesy flavor and olive oil for an extra richness.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 15 minutes
May 14, 2020
Zucchini noodles with pesto are an easy dinner option and great alternative to regular pasta. Zucchinis are rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients while also low in calories. This dinner comes together in just 15 minutes!
The main ingredient in most pesto sauces is parmesan cheese. We’re not going to use that in this recipe. As always, I like to make sure we don’t compromise on flavor. That’s where nutritional yeast works its magic. It adds a cheesy flavor to the pesto with all its health benefits.
LET’S MAKE OUR ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH PESTO
Get your zucchinis washed and ready, cut the ends and use a spiralizer. If you don’t have one, then get your vegetable peeler working! Both techniques work like magic.
Toss the zucchini noodles with a pinch of salt, and set it aside. The zucchinis don’t need to be cooked at all.
Add all of your ingredients for the pesto to a blender and blend it up until smooth.
When ready to serve, place your zucchini noodles in a bowl and pour our pesto on top with a little extra olive oil. This helps get all that good flavor on our noodles. Bon appetit!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
If you loved our zucchini noodles with pesto recipe, you’ll want to check out our chimichurri sauce recipe. This dish also has a sauce that brings some excitement to our veggies.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- 2 zucchini chop ends and spiral
- 2 cup fresh basil large stems removed
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5-6 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- To make zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer or use a vegetable peeler to make nice long strips. Sprinkle salt on top of the zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Add all your ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to test taste and adjust to your preference.
- To serve, place zucchini noodles in a bowl and top with pesto and sliced cherry tomatoes.
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment