This salad recipe for lunch is an awesome go to when you’re looking for something quick yet satisfying. Because let’s be honest who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We can make the salad dressing in minutes and chop up some veggies.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 40 minutes
March 3, 2021
When it comes to lunch, we’re often looking for something simple. Something that doesn’t require a lot of thought or prep time. And this salad recipe for lunch is brilliant.
On the weekend, we can spend 5 minutes adding our salad dressing ingredients to a small container. Then, set it aside. Next, we can chop our sweet potatoes to roast in the oven and make a batch of rice.
And just like that we have our cooking done for an easy and filling salad lunch option.
So that when it comes time for lunch, we can reheat our rice and sweet potatoes. Then add in some chopped bell peppers and cabbage to a bowl along with salad greens. And just like that we have a delicious lunch.
TORTILLA CHIPS FOR A NICE CRUNCH
Don’t forget to add in an extra crunch factor. Tortilla chips are completely optional and this salad still tastes delicious without. Yet It’s nice to add in a little crunch and texture to our salad.
When we add in some tortilla chips on the side, it gives it that extra wow factor.
And yes tortilla chips used to be something that I feared and tried to avoid. Only to find myself at night time inhaling them along with something sweet and trying to hide the “evidence.”
Over the years, I’ve learned to allow myself to eat foods that I want and make me feel good. So I no longer find myself binging on tortilla chips because I can have them anytime I want now. They are no longer forbidden and lose that I must eat them while I can feeling.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SALAD RECIPE FOR LUNCH
Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little oil on top. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip so that both sides are lightly browned. And cook for 10 more minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make our rice in the rice cooker and set aside.
Mix all of the salad ingredients in a small bowl. I used a small Pyrex container. Give it a stir and set aside.
The chipotle in adobo sauce may seem like an unusual ingredient but wow does it deliver a ton of flavor to the dressing and dish. It gives the dish a bit of Mexican flair. And you can use the chipotle in adobo sauce again in a future burrito recipe that will be coming soon too.
For serving, chop your bell peppers and cabbage. I personally like to use a red and bell pepper to make the dish more visually appealing. You can use one bell pepper if you prefer or that’s all you have on hand.
When I look at a dish, a variety of colors makes a dish look more visually appealing and inspiring. And I think to myself, “Hell yeah I am worthy of good food. Look at this awesome dish I just made!”
So this week let’s add a little bit of flavor, crunch, and love to our salads. Sending you so much love my friends.
More Easy Salad Ideas
If you liked this salad recipe for lunch, you’ll love my colorful salad recipe. The dressing is a beautiful yellow color and it has very unique flavors that are sweet yet savory. Delish my friends!
Salad Recipe for Lunch
- 3 sweet potatoes cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup black beans rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage thinly sliced
- Salad greens
- Cilantro / coriander chopped (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little oil on top. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip so that both sides are lightly browned. And cook for 10 more minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make our rice in the rice cooker and set aside.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a small bowl. Give it a stir and set aside.
- For serving, chop your bell peppers and cabbage. Then add all the ingredients to a bowl. Top with optional cilantro / coriander and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy my friends!
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment