This recipe for veggie noodles adds a bit of fun, flavor, and color to our lives. It includes comforting soba noodles and a nice crunch with fresh veggies and toasted cashews. These veggie noodles are great to make on a Sunday afternoon and enjoy throughout the week warm or cold.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 40 minutes
January 27, 2021
Sometimes we can look at our fridge and go to recipes and feel uninspired. It may feel like we eat the same dishes over and over again. You know the feeling?
That is where this recipe for veggie noodles comes in. The sauce has an Asian flair with coconut cream, sesame noodles, and teriyaki sauce. The edamame, carrots, cabbage, and nuts give this dish texture. All together the sauce, veggies, and soba noodles compliment each other brilliantly.
WHAT ARE SOBA NOODLES
This recipe calls for soba noodles. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat. They have a subtle nutty flavor and are a good source of protein. I first learned about soba noodles while traveling the world a few years back and have incorporated them in my family’s go to recipes.
Note that if you’re looking for gluten free soba noodles, make sure to check the package and select soba noodles that are 100% or mostly made from buckwheat.
WHAT IS COCONUT CREAM
Coconut cream is the main ingredient in the sauce for our veggie noodles. Coconut cream differs from coconut milk. Coconut cream is still made with coconut and water and sometimes a stabilizing agent yet coconut cream uses less water and more coconut.
It has a thicker and richer consistency whereas coconut milk is great in soups and smoothies.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE FOR VEGGIE NOODLES
Bring 2 medium pots of water to boil. Add dry soba noodles to a medium pot to cook according to the package’s instructions. Set aside.
Add edamame to the other pot and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, toast the cashews for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
Add all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Place mixed greens, soba noodles, and veggies in a bowl. Top with toasted cashews and the sauce. Mix and enjoy!
More Easy Meal Ideas
If you liked this recipe for veggie noodles, you’ll love my recipe for sesame noodles. This dish also includes soba noodles and comes together in 20 minutes.
Recipe for Veggie Noodles
- 220 g soba noodles
- 1/2 cup edamame
- Mixed greens
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews or substitute with pumpkin seeds
- Purple cabbage sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh mint chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring 2 medium pots of water to boil. Add dry soba noodles to a medium pot to cook according to the package’s instructions. Set aside.
- Add edamame to the other pot and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a skillet, toast the cashews for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place mixed greens, soba noodles, and veggies in a bowl. Top with toasted cashews and the sauce. Mix and enjoy!
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment