These roasted Yukon Gold potatoes are quick and easy side. Slice the potatoes and then cook in the oven. The aroma of roasted potatoes with rosemary will fill your kitchen.
DIFFICULTY / TIME
Easy / 35 minutes
December 16, 2021
Uggh what to make for dinner? With your hands on your head, you let out a sigh. And walk over to your fridge. Open the door and aren’t that impressed. You decide to make a salad or chicken. But the meal feels like it’s missing something.
You want food that feels satisfying and wholesome. But as you look around you realize you don’t have many ingredients. Then you remember that healthy recipes don’t need to be complicated. You can keep it simple.
So you grab those Yukon Gold potatoes sitting in your pantry, dried rosemary, and some olive oil.
Let’s go, my friend.
What Potatoes to Use
To make roasted potatoes, you can use Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes. We’ll scrub, wash the potatoes, and keep the potato skins on for extra flavor and nutrients. No need to peel.
I’ve made this recipe with sweet potatoes but they don’t taste nearly as good. The roasted sweet potatoes don’t get crispy.
How to Roast Potatoes
The 2 secrets to roasted potatoes are:
1. How you slice the potatoes
Cut the potatoes 1/4 in or 1/2 cm. This will give us nice crispy roasted potatoes. If you cut the Yukon potatoes too thick, the potatoes will take too long to cook. If you slice the potatoes too thin, the potatoes get too crispy.
To slice the potatoes, grab your cutting board and knife. Potatoes can be tricky to cut because they don’t have any flat edges. Take your Yukon Gold potato and make a slice down one side. Then you have a stable side.
For half-moon potatoes, you can make one more slice down the middle of the potato. Then use your knife to slice the potatoes.
2. How long do you roast the potatoes
Roast the potatoes until lightly brown and crispy, or about 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe!
More Easy Side Ideas
If you liked this recipe, I think you’ll love my how to roast vegetables recipe. It includes roasted potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini.
Roasted Potatoes Yukon Gold
- 2-3 potatoes chopped into even ~1/4 – 3/8-inch pieces ( ~2 medium-large golden potatoes )
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F / 218 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 in or 1/2 cm. Place in a bowl. Toss with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Place the potatoes in a single layer. If you have too many potatoes, use a second tray. The potatoes will get more crispy in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly golden.
Want to stop binge and emotional eating for good?
Get my 20 must-have recipes e-book packed with simple nourishing recipes you enjoy.
Leave A Comment